Thank you for joining us! The goal of this day-long event is to train our outstanding volunteers who are interested in going the extra mile to manage logistics and supervise other Evacuteers during City-Assisted Evacuation (CAE). In order to join the Leadership Team, we ask that you commit to serve with us for at least 2 years (recertification is included in this training).
Other requisites include:
- Kali Roy, our Executive Director, will schedule a short interview with you before you attend the training
- Attendance at two Partners & Operations meetings each year
- Completion of online study courses FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800 within two weeks of completing your Leadership Training
- You may access these courses here: http://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx
- Completion certificates may be emailed to: email@example.com
At this training we will present the full details of how CAE works, leadership roles, and duties required-- from activation to re-entry. It will be a long day- but a fruitful one! Keep an eye out in your inbox for the agenda the week before our training.
Lunch and refreshments will be served!
Topics discussed include:
- Evacuee flow during the CAE
- Leadership roles at EvacuSpots
- Leadership roles at the Union Passenger Station (UPT/Greyhound station)
- Chain of Command
- What to expect when activated
- Leadership roles during re-entry
The second half of the day we will all take a trip to an Evacuspot where you will actually walk through the process of managing Evacuteers who are registering evacuees. Then we will all go to the UPT, where representatives from other associated agencies will speak about their role in CAE.
This training gives you the opportunity to not only challenge yourself in a leadership role, but to also become a resource of knowledge within your own communities. We look forward to spending the day with you all!
New Orleans, LA 70119